web dev game dev writer
My name is Spencer "Vael" Victus. I work in the financial tech industry and in my spare time I run tinydark, an ethics-focused indie game microstudio.
I live in upstate South Carolina with my wife, Evelyn Victus, and our two kids: Abel (11 years old) and Violet (1 ½ year old). I spend most of my time making games, playing games, and raising my kids.
I publish my games under tinydark. I adhere to a code of ethics with my design, because I believe games should be doing more to directly benefit the player.
- URPG (alpha) - Open-World Roleplaying MMORPG
- Black Crown: Exhumed (2022) - Narrative horror; revival of the original game by Rob Sherman
- Bean Grower (2018) - Casual strategy game about growing beans
- MonBre (2010) - Monster MMORPG
- GAM3 - tinydark's proprietary web game engine
- Tinydark Hub - Single sign-on for all tinydark games
- Tinydark Lab - Prototypes and demos of unfinished games